Table of Contents

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Real Treasures

I have a dear friend who sits on the side of the road just behind my house in downtown Tunis. I wish I had the words in Arabic to tell her how she lights up my day each time I see her. She makes me feel as though I’ve given her the world, when all I really do is smile, say hello, and sometimes bring her a banana or a juice-box. Every time I meet her, she reminds me to be cheerful in all circumstances, and grateful for each little blessing the Lord chooses to give me. Like when she blows me a kiss or calls me “my daughter”- those are treasures that will last long after any material blessings I have go to ruin. May God be with her.


1 comment:

  1. THIS is how you will change the world - one sweet life at a time. Love you.

    ReplyDelete